Saturday 17 May 2014

Trendspotting in Canada: leather jogging pants??

Just when I thought leather fashion could only be elegant, I came across this in downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada... otherwise know as the fashion capital of Canada..


... elegant shoes with leather jogging pants!

As I did a little more research, I quickly found out that yes, leather jogging pants have become quite the celebrity fashion trend, from Kanye West and Beyonce to Rhianna and Selena Gomez.

I suppose this all began when late-night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel gave Kanye West a miniature pair of leather pants for his new baby several months ago. Since that time, these "athletic" leather pants have exploded onto the fashion scene.


Stratford, Ontario-native Justin Beiber often wears leather jogging pants as part of his stage show in some very bright colours!

Personally, I am not a fan of wearing athletic gear in public, but if you choose to indulge in this interesting new trend, then at least the use of leather will keep these pants looking somewhat chic and unique. If you want to complement a leather bottom with a pair of leather gloves, my fashion fingerless driving gloves add a touch of elegance to an otherwise casual ensemble. For men who indulge in this trend, try my man black peccary driving gloves for a bold, powerful statement.Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

 
Clicky Web Analytics