Sunday 30 June 2013

"I do"... wedding glove etiquette with Ines - part 1

We all dream of our very special day, when we get to put on that beautiful white wedding dress and say "I do" to our special person. I've also dreamed of this day... and I have every intention of including a pair of leather gloves with my wedding dress. But how are they worn? When are they removed? Do I put my wedding ring over the glove finger? Help!!!!

Here is the first in a 4-part series looking at the etiquette governing wedding gloves....


Glove style

Historically, the choice and length of your wedding gloves were a reflection of how formal your wedding and reception were and the time of day they occurred. Now, however, people are reinventing old traditions in new and unique ways. The color and style of your wedding dress gives you freedom in glove selection. Just because you're wearing white, doesn't mean your gloves have to be!

The bride pictured above is wearing a pair of Ines' My fashion fingerless driving gloves in my glossy nights. Her gown is quite ornate, and she has correctly selected a simpler pair of gloves to complement. Your goal should always be to enhance your wedding dress, rather than overwhelm your ensemble with too many accessories.

Check back tomorrow for part 2!!Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Clicky Web Analytics